The world is beautiful. Everything that is natural, is good for all living beings, as well as aesthetically pleasing. In today’s world, humans also play their part in enhancing what has already been provided. One of these techniques used for the betterment of nature, are pond fountains. They are simple machinery, used to circulate the pond water, with several benefits.
This is done by take up the water, and shoot it up with force, up into the air. These are beneficial for the living creatures underwater, and also serve the purpose of beauty. Which is why this is a list of the Best Pond Fountain reviews, to help you make the right choice. These fountains circulate the oxygen in your pond, helping to nurture the living creatures inside it. It keeps the water of the pond fresh, and no trash can settle down at the bottom of the water body.
Best Pond Fountain Reviews
1.) Pond Boss DFTN12003L Floating Fountain with Lights
This is a floating pond fountain, manufactured by Pond Boss, it can be used for ponds up to ¼ acre. It comes with a 50 foot power cord, and the horse power of this machine is 1.4 hp. It is very powerful, and has a 2000 GPH pump installed inside it. It has LED lights fitted in it, which also are able to sense dawn and dusk. They are three in number, and are of 1 watt.
The shaft is ceramic, and the structure is very strong. It can be used to decorate large ponds. It can also be used in medium sized ponds, because the minimum depth it needs to operate, is 2.5 feet. The machine weighs 17.55 lbs, and the dimensions are 13.4 x 12.5 x 18 inches. The fountain also comes with a user installation manual.
- The fountain floats completely in the water.
- The LED lights are aesthetically pleasing.
- The motor is very powerful.
- Is able to work in large ponds and lakes.
- Minimum depth of water should be 2.5 feet.
- The length of the power cord is very convenient for the user.
- The machine is very durable.
- Gives a pleasing “splashing” sound by the water.
- Supplies sufficient oxygen to the fish underwater.
- Does not let trash settle at the bottom of the lake or pond.
- The LED lights may stop working, due to the water contact, no information available on how to replace them as well.
- The manufacturer has not provided any warranty for the product.
2.) OASE 45383 1/4 Hp Floating Fountain with Lights, one Size, Black
The OASE 45383 Floating Fountain comes in black color. It has the horsepower of ¼ hp. The package includes 3 fountain heads, with varying water effects. The options are single tier, 3-tier, and trumpet. LED lights are also attached, for an aesthetically pleasing effect.
The flow rate of the machine is 2300 GPH. The length of the power cable is 50 feet, with 130 watts. It weighs 15 lbs, and the dimensions are 15 x 5 x 19 inches. The voltage of the unit is 120 V. The maximum height of the water flow is 16’, and width is 15.75’.
The specialty of this product, is that it comes with a base 3 years warranty. An additional 2 years are added, if the product is properly registered.
- The purchase is very safe, because of the warranty.
- Easily works in large water bodies.
- The water fountain heads give a stunning effect to the water flow.
- The LED lights illuminate the water from underneath, giving a soft glow to the surface of the water.
- The machine has a sensor, detecting dawn and dusk.
- The LED lights turn on and off according to the sensor.
- The fountain floats in the water.
- It is easy to set up.
- May stop working without any apparent reason.
- Gets clogged easily.
- Does not float on its own. You have to place it manually in the water.
- Cannot be used in the winter.
- The power cord is not too long.
3.) Small Color Changing Floating Fountain with LED Lights
The Patriot floating fountain, is a small indoors water pump, weighing 9 lbs. It comes in the color white, and the pump has 600 GPH. It can be placed in spas, pools, water gardens, lakes, or ponds. It is specifically designed for small areas, and smaller bodies of water.
There are 48 white LED lights in the unit, that turn on at night. The power cord for the machine is 30’ long. The LED lights are provided a separate power cord, so that they could be turned on and off by the user. The pump used 60 watts of power, and it comes with a one year warranty. The water spray height is 40”, and diameter is 30”, which is said to be adjustable.
- Ideal for indoor use.
- Can be placed in personal spas and pools.
- The separate power cords for the machine and the LED lights make it convenient for the user. They can turn the lights on and off, according to their own needs.
- The installation is very easy.
- Comes with a one year warranty.
- The machine is lightweight.
- Is very safe to use.
- The pump does not spray as much water as it is stated by the manufacturer.
- Gets clogged easily.
- The LED ring is very fragile.
- Cannot be used in lakes or ponds.
- The machine is not very powerful.
- Cleaning the main unit is a little complicated process.
- Gets damaged easily.
4.) Kasco Marine 3400VFX050 .75HP – 120V Aerating Fountain
This is a very heavy machine, weighing 61 lbs. It is 6’ tall, and 21’ wide. It’s a big unit, and can be placed in small to medium bodies of water. It has two options for the power cord, 50 feet, and 100 feet. It works on 75 hp horsepower.
The body of the machine is corrosion resistant, which makes it able to be used in natural waters easily. The product comes with a 2 year warranty. It comes in both 120 V, and 240 V models. The machine comes with a LR-375 Low Voltage Light Kit, whose lights can be bought separately. Two MR-16 bulbs are sent with the package, and it is up to the user to choose whatever they want.
The color options for the light bulbs are yellow, green, blue, and red. The lights automatically turn on when the sensors detect darkness in its surrounding. It can be used indoors, as well as outdoors. It completely depends on the user. The user can also set their own automatic turn on and off timing.
- The lights are adjustable.
- The water flow and lights make it very aesthetically pleasing.
- It is very durable and strong.
- The power cord is long.
- The pump is very strong.
- Can be used both indoors and outdoors.
- Can easily work in ponds and lakes.
- Does not get clogged easily.
- The manufacturer gives a one year warranty.
- If damaged, repair parts are easily available.
- It is too tall.
- The unit is heavy.
5.) FREESEA 45W 660GPH Submersible Fountain Pump for Hydroponics, Pond, Fountain
This product comes in three varieties, i.e. 160 GPH, 400 GPH, and 660 GPH. It is a very versatile machine, and can be used for both freshwater and saltwater applications. All types have a 45 Watt motor installed insides the machine. The system claims to be quiet. The maximum flow of water is 660 GPH.
The main unit weighs as light as 2.65 lbs. According to the manufacturer, the shaft is wear-resistant, and is high-strength. It is long lasting, and saves energy as well. It can also be used in aquariums, functioning as an oxygen filter. The motor is waterproof, making it safe.
A 12 month warranty comes with the machine. There is also a 24 hour after-sales service, helping the user in the installation without any further cost. The maximum height of the water flow is 8.8 feet. The pump also has a sponge installed inside it, which filters the water of impurities. The installation is also easy.
- The cord is long, eliminating the need of an extension wire.
- The effect in the water is very beautiful.
- The pump is quiet.
- The installation is very easy.
- There are 4 patterns for the water flow.
- Saves energy.
- Filters the water.
- Long lasting.
- The motor is waterproof.
- Can be used in saltwater and freshwater.
- Can be used in aquarium and fish tanks.
- The instructions in the user manual are not very clear.
- May get clogged easily.
- The water leaks from the sides of the fountain.
- The lights may fuse.
The Best Tips for Choosing the Right Pond Fountain
The pond fountain is not only calming, but it brings the much needed oxygenated water to your pond when the droplets sprayed into the air come in touch with the oxygen and fall back into the pond.
The relaxation through the steady streaming water and indulgence in the designated area of your property add unparalleled luxury and comfort that you can enjoy.
But, how to choose the perfect pond fountain? What needs to be taken into consideration?
Here is the list with the best tips on how to determine the perfect fountain.
To ensure that all of the pond water is perfectly refreshed, it is very important to keep the depth of your pond less than 6 foot. Only the top layer of water is pumped up and drawn by the water pump, so if your pond is deeper than 6 foot, the lower levels of water stay untouched and without oxygen. There is a solution for deeper ponds in a form of air circulation systems, which diffuse the oxygenated water bubbles through the diffuser plate situated at the very bottom of your pond.
We know you love your unique shaped pond, maybe with a cove or an island in the middle.
Be extra cautious though, these unique shapes decrease the flow of the oxygenated and recirculated water to reach every single corner of your pond. Maybe the use of multiple fountains or more than one air circulation system will be needed to ensure the perfect aeration of the pond. There is no such thing as too much air in your water. It stops the weed or the algae from overgrowing in the difficult to reach areas.
The Allocation of Your Fountain
If your pond is less than 6 foot deep and the shape is a perfect rectangle or circle, you could get just one simple fountain installed, to make the air circulating.
But what about the pattern of the spraying water?
Here are two basic patterns and the power to be applied to be considered.
Effective, simple, reliable, and efficient V-Shape pattern would be all you need for a small shallow pond.
As simple the pattern as possible, and you can relax as the air circulation job will be done perfectly.
If you aim for more unique spray pattern, there is a much bigger probability that not all of the corners and areas of your pond will get the required aeration. Certainly, a much appreciated unique pattern, where a lot of thinking and energy gets involved to develop it will be achieved, but there will be less air enriched water in your pond.
How strong the engine of your fountain will depend on the reason the fountain was installed for in the first place. If the air circulation should be flawless, at least 1.5 HP is necessary. If your fountain serves for decoration purposes only, even a smaller motor of 1 HP per acre is acceptable.
No matter what your decision for the right pond fountain will be, always keep in mind to maintain it regularly and do not forget to keep an eye on the energy costs, because a non-stop operating fountain is not exactly low-cost gadget.
When you have a pond, lake, pool, spa, or any other body of water in your property, you have to maintain it. In order to do that, you need to purchase a water fountain. They serve as water purifiers as well as beautifiers. These machines also give the area a beautiful aesthetic, it helps in upgrading the look of your place overall. Not everyone knows how to take proper care of their lakes/ponds, that’s why they should purchase a product like this.
This was the list of Best Pond Fountain reviews. The purpose was to help you make the right choice. It becomes necessary to filter and clean your bodies of water. It is also very important to take care of the living organisms underwater, and provide them with enough oxygen. After a while of the installation of such a device, very few fish come out of the water surface.